The holidays are a great time to reflect on the past year, and with everything that’s been happening at Leap Motion, there’s a lot to look back on. While we’ve already talked about embedding our technology into 12 HP platforms and introducing support for 13 new currencies, here are three other recent developments that make it easier for you to access a wide variety of Leap Motion apps.
150+ Apps in Airspace
The Airspace Store hit a major landmark this week with double the number of apps since our launch in July. Over the past five months, we’ve seen a wide variety of apps from a diverse community of developers, from world-class game studios to individual creators. Just in the past few weeks, we’ve launched several breakout hits:
- Allthecooks Recipes: a social cooking app that lets you explore recipes without gunking up your computer
- Autonomous: a construction game from Double Fine Studios that throws you into a robot apocalypse
- Freeform: our free clay sculpting app that lets you create 3D printable models in the air
- Stan Lee’s Verticus: a fast-paced freefalling sci-fi game from the co-creator of Spider Man™
- The Weather Channel: travel the globe, search for cities, and circle your finger through time
- Volantes: take control of a ship and fly through a competitive multiplayer world
We recently introduced PayPal support in the Airspace Store. By purchasing Airspace Credit with your PayPal account, you can buy apps without a credit card – great news for everyone who uses debit cards, gift cards, and other payment methods. Want to try it? Go to your Leap Motion account and scroll down to Airspace Credit.
Store Shelves Worldwide
For many people, nothing can replace the physical aspect of brick-and-mortar shopping – discovering something new and holding it in your hands before you buy it. When we launched in July, we partnered with Best Buy USA to bring the Leap Motion Controller to stores throughout the country. Since then, our technology has spread to retail shelves around the globe.
You can now find the Leap Motion Controller at Best Buy and Future Shop (Canada), Media Markt (Switzerland and Germany), Dick Smith (Australia), Maplin (UK), Incredible Connection (South Africa), and FNAC (France). It’s also featured on several online retailers, including New Egg and Amazon UK. With each new retail partner, our 3D interactive technology is getting closer to home.
We have lots of exciting projects in the works for the coming new year. As always, you can keep track of the latest developments by subscribing to our newsletter, following us on Twitter and Facebook, and joining the conversation on our community forums.